Kansas moving towards no permit

Carry law and matters dealing with the 2nd. Amendment.
riadat

Kansas moving towards no permit

Postby riadat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:03 pm

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Kans ... 116511&c=y

Already in ks any knife is legal including switchblades and now this.

Can't say I object.

Gunsmith

Re: Kansas moving towards no permit

Postby Gunsmith » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:54 pm

They will need some kind of permit - some background check

riadat

Postby riadat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm

No they won't. Not beyond the legal right to own and the check when you buy a gun.

Gunsmith

Postby Gunsmith » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Oh my Oh my

Latelle Jackson buys a 22 snubbie from a bruther in the hood, I think he needs some type of permit

jmhyer

Postby jmhyer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Nope. If "Latelle" is not a felon, he should have every right to carry the gun...shouldn't need a permit. If he's a felon, he doesn't care...he will carry it anyway, if he so desires. Permits are just another form of "show me your papers".

riadat

Postby riadat » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 pm

More guns, less crime. We also are not talking about anyone's opinion but what the law in Kansas will be. The whole point of this law is to make it possible for people to carry without a permit.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:35 pm

That's great news.

Vermont, Alaska, Arizona and Wyoming already have Constitutional Carry and it has worked well in those states.

More importantly, it's good to see more people recognizing that carrying a weapon, open or concealed, is an inherent right, and not a privilege that is granted by "our Government from on High".

Peace
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 pm

It should be like that for every state. As far as I think all Americans driver's license or ID should identify if they are prohibited from owning a gun like a felon or a person with a mental problem that would prohibit gun ownership. There should be a gun with a circle and a red slash through it on all of their license. That way when someone went to purchase a gun or wanted to carry open or concealed once they produced their license if it didn't have the gun w/circle & slash on it they would be legal.

riadat

Postby riadat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:16 am

"a person with a mental problem ". This is a slippery slope. Did you read about the ex-cop who had his guns taken because of insomnia? Real slippery slope.

I think if you institutionalized because you are suicidal or if you are homicidal sure. What about soldiers with PTSD? They serve their country, come back, have a hard time adjusting-- don't hurt anyone-- but now they can't defend their family with a weapon? Where do you draw the line?

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:25 am

jmhyer wrote:Nope. If "Latelle" is not a felon, he should have every right to carry the gun...shouldn't need a permit. If he's a felon, he doesn't care...he will carry it anyway, if he so desires. Permits are just another form of "show me your papers".

Exactly. He doesn't give a shit about a driver's license either.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:01 am

riadat wrote:"a person with a mental problem ". This is a slippery slope. Did you read about the ex-cop who had his guns taken because of insomnia? Real slippery slope.

Right on.

When the Soviets couldn't come up with a legal reason to get rid of someone they didn't like, they would sometimes come up with all sorts of ridiculous excuses about how someone was "mentally ill" or "a paranoid schizophrenic" so they could deep-six them through the "mental health" system.

Remember that many liberals and collectivist morons see people like us as "crazy" or as "dangerous paranoids" because we carry weapons for defense and prepare for unexpected disasters. One man's definition of insanity is another man's definition of mental clarity.
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

chemist

Postby chemist » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:13 pm

I want to see a state admit that felons continue to have natural rights, and remove all prohibitions to their ownership and possession of firearms... among other things
"Don't tread on me" - Leave me and my property unmolested, and I won't have a sneaking desire to imagine you with a bullet displacing your brain tissue.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:35 am

chemist wrote:I want to see a state admit that felons continue to have natural rights, and remove all prohibitions to their ownership and possession of firearms... among other things

Thank you for having the guts to say that. Even among us "gun folks" most will side with the authoritarians and the Demoncrats on that issue, despite the fact that the 1968 Gun Control Act has done nothing to prevent violent crime and was flawed in principle to begin with.

riadat

Postby riadat » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:44 pm

They say in this article that they want gun rights at 18 for handguns.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/governme ... 32419.html

Return to “Carry / 2nd Amendment”