CCW holders compared to police

Carry law and matters dealing with the 2nd. Amendment.
Nathan
Site Admin

CCW holders compared to police

Postby Nathan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:31 am

This is news to few, but these more recent statistics clearly show that police are far more likely to commit a gun related crime than the average concealed carry permit holder.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/ ... hemselves/
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Gunsmith

Re: CCW holders compared to police

Postby Gunsmith » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Mr Nathan

Do police commit crimes?? Oh you bet. Think of the constant 'Aggressive Behavior', move up the the prevalent use of drugs, and then the use of cops as stalkers, bouncers, data bank hacking. But, fellow cops don't report it, and consider it a 'Perk' of the job.

Hiring a cop for a 'sidejob' is where a lot of crimes happen. In Florida, at the height of the oxycodone pill mills, cops were often 'security'. At any rate this adulation about 'These shining centenarians' has to stop. Carry a pocket video cam, and see theme as thugs until proven different. This really applies to the CWC crowd

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

I guess my intent was understandably lost. I intended on focusing that CCW holders are "good", moreso than police are "bad".
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Dubhan

Postby Dubhan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:24 pm

And the stats only report the crimes committed by leos that actually get prosecuted, so that 10 to 1 ratio is likely much higher.

Gunsmith

Postby Gunsmith » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Mr Nathan

My concern lies with keeping CWCers safe. All I ever say is 'Keep your distance, because like a sleeping tiger the situation can go south very fast'

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 pm

John R. Lott Jr. from Fox News wrote:Police are the single most important factor for reducing crime, but even police commit crimes on very rare occasions.
John R. Lott Jr. from Fox News wrote:Perhaps police crimes are underreported due to leniency from fellow officers.
What a novel suggestion. :lol:
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:47 pm

I've used that argument on business that had No GUNS signs on them and even convinced a couple of them to remove their stupid signs. My main point was that the people with CCW permits are historically much safer to be around then cops. They had a hard time getting their mind wrapped around it but John Lott sure tells it straight. When you think about it for us to get our permits we had to make it through school and our younger crazier years without getting caught doing the stupid things that 14-25 year olds typically do. Cops are exposed to violence for who knows how many years and I firmly believe it can rub off over time and of course the "thin blue line" is a problem when it comes to reporting those that are starting to cross the line. Then I suppose after they get away with a few they would probably tend to get worse over time until outright caught and arrested.

Pickwick

Postby Pickwick » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:19 am

CCW on this forum should actually stand for "Crooked Cop Watch." That is about what it has turned into.

Return to “Carry / 2nd Amendment”