Washington legislators propose bill to allow guns in sports stadiums

Carry law and matters dealing with the 2nd. Amendment.
MisterB

Washington legislators propose bill to allow guns in sports stadiums

Postby MisterB » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:29 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... diums.html

It sure seems like it would be easy for a terrorist to overtake the guys with the wind breakers and flashlights at the entrance, go inside a massive stadium, and just start shooting droves of people like fish in a barrel. This law might make them think twice, and at the very least, could help to end the situation more quickly

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Washington legislators propose bill to allow guns in sports stadiums

Postby Nathan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:01 am

Washington keeps throwing me curve-balls; it seems they cannot make up their mind if they are for or against the Second Amendment. It will be interesting to see if this gets anywhere.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:26 pm

Nathan wrote:Washington keeps throwing me curve-balls; it seems they cannot make up their mind if they are for or against the Second Amendment. It will be interesting to see if this gets anywhere.

Washington is mostly pro gun. Open carry, concealed carry, SBR's, and suppressors are legal. There's no magazine limits. I sure can't name many large coastal cities, such as Seattle that can say the same. Maybe Florida and North Carolina. Washington definitely has some weird rules, such as i594, and we have had way too many liberal governors, but over all gun laws are good.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

Nathan wrote:Washington keeps throwing me curve-balls; it seems they cannot make up their mind if they are for or against the Second Amendment. It will be interesting to see if this gets anywhere.

Republicans just took over the legislature and the presidency. That's naturally going to be a big change after 8 years of democratic control of the whitehouse.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Republicans just took over the legislature and the presidency. That's naturally going to be a big change after 8 years of democratic control of the whitehouse.

I don't see relevance since these laws are state level; red states have consistently worked to loosen gun laws and blue states have consistently worked to tighten them. We aren't going to see NY repeal their SAFE Act anytime soon, despite that the Republicans have control on a federal level. If anything, I see them digging in to double down.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:36 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:Republicans just took over the legislature and the presidency. That's naturally going to be a big change after 8 years of democratic control of the whitehouse.

I don't see relevance since these laws are state level; red states have consistently worked to loosen gun laws and blue states have consistently worked to tighten them. We aren't going to see NY repeal their SAFE Act anytime soon, despite that the Republicans have control on a federal level. If anything, I see them digging in to double down.

In your original post you said "Washington keeps throwing me curve-balls". I was responding to your point about Washington, not the states.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Inn referencing Washington state; I don't understand your connection between gun laws in Washington state with federal Republican control.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Nathan wrote:Inn referencing Washington state; I don't understand your connection between gun laws in Washington state with federal Republican control.

I thought you meant washington dc. My mistake.

Return to “Carry / 2nd Amendment”