OC

Carry law and matters dealing with the 2nd. Amendment.
yankeejib

OC

Postby yankeejib » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 am

So I've been OCíng since Friday here for the first time in western NC. No big deal. Nobody has said anything, nobody seems to stare, nobody cares. My wife took some photos of us out and about and posted them, and I can't believe the social media grief I've been dealt. You know the standard dumb shit: Why do you need a gun at the grocery store? Do you feel manly now? Keep your powder dry, Rambo. Unfortunately, I refuse to accept the abuse so I've made the point that 1) I'm legal 2) No one here really cares. Maybe you should visit sometime and get the stick out of your ass 3) I've always had my piece with me every time you have ever seen me in the last 11 years, and 4) Stay complacent sheep. It really sends some people into a tizzy that someone could be carrying a gun. I'm not really an OC fan, I prefer low key, but it is kinda fun to stir the pot. My IWB holster is more comfortable however than having everything hanging off the belt with the butt jamming my kidneys when I drive.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

samuelrp

Re: OC

Postby samuelrp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm

I keep it very simple on social media. I often start a post, then think no..........this won't end well, lol
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Like most everyone on this forum, I keep it concealed most of the time. The only times I have open carried in public have been in very high heat when a cover garment wasn't practical and IWB (my preferred method) would have meant a sweat covered gun at the end of the day. I can think of only one "weird look". If my gun was ever noticed on other occasions, no one thought it out of the ordinary. Fortunately I don't have a FaceSpace account and have never bothered to take a "selfie", so there's not much platform for idiots to annoy me by commenting on my choice to be responsible and carry a gun.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

I rarely open carry, but I'm not opposed to it either. It may create social awkwardness, but that's not my problem and that's not my reason for concealed carry. I carry concealed to maintain an advantage. My Glock is the ace up my sleeve that you won't know about until I feel threatened. I do support the practice of those who open carry if for no other reason that to assert the right to do so, I'm just not willing to surrender my tactical advantage for it.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 am

Nathan wrote:I rarely open carry, but I'm not opposed to it either. It may create social awkwardness, but that's not my problem and that's not my reason for concealed carry. I carry concealed to maintain an advantage. My Glock is the ace up my sleeve that you won't know about until I feel threatened. I do support the practice of those who open carry if for no other reason that to assert the right to do so, I'm just not willing to surrender my tactical advantage for it.

That's my position as well. I just have a nice OWB retention holster that I never use and for some reason, decided now was the time. I did find over four days that my BS $25 10 year old EDC IWB is still more comfortable. Like a nice pair of old underwear. I decided next time I come up to NC, I'm going to OWB my .357.

Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:50 pm

I've got that same gun and holster, but I wear mine in the woods. The wildlife doesn't mind.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:25 pm

samuelrp wrote:I've got that same gun and holster, but I wear mine in the woods. The wildlife doesn't mind.

686+ 7 shot. It's the first "non-carry" pistol I ever bought. So sweet. Nicest trigger. Hand rifle.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

cola490

Postby cola490 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 am

OC is not allowed in my state, Illinois. Even if it was, I would not OC. The advantage of it being legal was that it would protect the concealed carrier from accidental exposure of their weapon.

The Illinois law does state” Concealed or mostly concealed”, but I don’t think that has been tested yet.

Return to “Carry / 2nd Amendment”