Dan Wesson Titan

All things 1911 and designs based on the 1911.
Nathan
Site Admin

Dan Wesson Titan

Postby Nathan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:55 pm

PRODUCT LINK

Supposed to be a high capacity 1911 in 10mm. Anybody ever actually held one?
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Dan Wesson Titan

Postby Nathan » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:38 pm

titan.jpg
titan.jpg (135.46 KiB) Viewed 1959 times

I'm going to call the custom shop tomorrow. If they will build me one with fixed sights before cutting the bevel into the frame and utilize a grip safety with a speed bump, I'll most likely order one.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:00 pm

$3800+ seems and awful lot to ask for a gun that most likely won't get carried much. Ever consider a used Megastar in 10mm? Basically an all steel, DA to SA 14 rounder. Discontinued but they can still be found on the used market occasionally.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4565819/a ... r-megastar

"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:11 am

For the price of the gun, you are getting a good value out of the titan. Many don't realize what a custom built 2011 cost, and this is what you are essentially getting from DW. Ill put my PM-9 and my FIL's Valor and Silverback against any custom 1911.

really all i would do for this gun is get a few MBX mags be plenty confident having 18-19 rounds of 10mm.

My only concern with 10mm gun's, is it ability to handle a steady diet of full house 10mm. it should handle a steady diet of neutered 10mm just fine though.

http://www.mbxextreme.com/
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:Ever consider a used Megastar in 10mm?

I already own several 10mms including a high capacity Glock 20. This purchase isn't about getting a 10mm, it's about getting a high capacity 10mm built on a 1911 platform. I don't know if I would carry it or not, but even if I never carry it I think it would look real good sitting in my safe. :)
Nathan in Image

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:08 pm

hkguy wrote:Ill put my PM-9 and my FIL's Valor and Silverback against any custom 1911.

Agreed. I own a Valor, a Guardian and a V-Bob and would put then beside a custom any day.

My only concern with 10mm gun's, is it ability to handle a steady diet of full house 10mm. it should handle a steady diet of neutered 10mm just fine though.

Even with an all steel gun weighing nearly five pounds? :D
Nathan in Image

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Nathan wrote:
hkguy wrote:Ill put my PM-9 and my FIL's Valor and Silverback against any custom 1911.

Agreed. I own a Valor, a Guardian and a V-Bob and would put then beside a custom any day.

Even with an all steel gun weighing nearly five pounds? :D

with as much as you shoot, its a possibility >:)

I think you will like them. if any of your LGS have any wide body para's or RIA's, they will give you a sense of what it will feel like.
IDPA & USPSA Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:23 pm

...still struggling with this. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to put fixed sights on this? There is an additional bevel cut into the rear of the slide for these sights. At this point this is the only thing holding me back. I won't own a carry gun with adjustable sights....personal prohibition.
Nathan in Image

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:43 am

Nathan wrote:...still struggling with this. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to put fixed sights on this? There is an additional bevel cut into the rear of the slide for these sights. At this point this is the only thing holding me back. I won't own a carry gun with adjustable sights....personal prohibition.

well I came across one option....
https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/rear-si ... t-baer-etc
IDPA & USPSA Member

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:14 pm

or the other option you have is to get the sight adjusted where you like and weld the adjustment screw to the sight. this will essentially make it "fixed" :D
IDPA & USPSA Member

ridurall

Postby ridurall » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

I like the idea behind the Titan. As for the weight I'm very attached to my Delta Elite 10mm and it goes everywhere I do. It's never had a hiccup so I trust my life to it. `

Return to “1911 Talk”