When clicking on a link . . .

Tye

When clicking on a link . . .

Postby Tye » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:06 pm

When clicking on a link provided in a post (such as youtube, etc.) my browser, Windows Explorer and Android (tablet) jumps to the link rather than opening a new window.

I think I prefer a new window/page to be open as happens with other forums. Is there any technical reason that this is happening? Not a huge issue, but having a new window opened allows for a bit of surfing deviation then when done and closing said window the original Window for CC Forum would still be open (preferred).
Best regards,

Tye

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: When clicking on a link . . .

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:12 pm

I agree; I'll have to look into it. That's one of those things that I find annoying as well and would prefer all links open in a new tab. I'll look into it.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

LWP

Postby LWP » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:16 pm

My browser is Google Chrome, it opens a new window for a new link. I don't remember, this may be something I preset in preferences.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:29 pm

I found the MOD for this; I'll work on implementing it this weekend.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:58 pm

i use chrome and it does NOT open a new tab for me when i click on a link.
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Chris C

Postby Chris C » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Tye wrote:When clicking on a link provided in a post (such as youtube, etc.) my browser, Windows Explorer and Android (tablet) jumps to the link rather than opening a new window.

I think I prefer a new window/page to be open as happens with other forums. Is there any technical reason that this is happening? Not a huge issue, but having a new window opened allows for a bit of surfing deviation then when done and closing said window the original Window for CC Forum would still be open (preferred).

Tye, when you want to open a link, r-click on it and choose "open in a new window" and that should take care of your problem.
Chris

As a regular course of procedure, I carry a pistol because a cop is too heavy!

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 pm

I found a mod called "Prime Links" that will open links in a new tab. I can not yet install it because I'm updating the forum software first. This will eventually become standard once I get it all installed.
Nathan in Image

Return to “Help & Suggestions”