Help wanted - Deadeye Media podcast

Description of your first forum.
Nathan
Site Admin

Help wanted - Deadeye Media podcast

Postby Nathan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:50 am

I want to start a Deadeye Media podcast complete with call-ins and group and open discussions covering the principles of responsible carry shared on this forum. If anyone is interested in joining me in that project, please let me know. In keeping with this site, I do what I do to pay it forward and as such, that podcast would be no different. This is not a financial venture for me and as such, positions would be filled from volunteers who can spare a few hours each week.

At this point I'm considering software options that work with Go Pro camera.

Thanks,
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

yankeejib

Re: Help wanted - Deadeye Media podcast

Postby yankeejib » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:21 am

Be sure to keep us in the loop (I'm sure you will anyway). I would be interested in calling in as well as hearing from our members on various issues on a podcast. Cool.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Love the idea. I always complain there aren't enough good gun podcast out there. Let me know what I can do to help.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:00 pm

yankeejib wrote:I would be interested in calling in as well as hearing from our members on various issues on a podcast. Cool.

I'm excited about getting this off the ground and I look forward to your participation. Right now I'm in the learning phase, learning the proper way to podcast. Once I'm comfortable that I know what I'm doing I'll start buying the equipment. The new server is up and running although I'm having problems with Microsoft currently.

We got the software activated and now are having problems with the configuration wizard stalling at 16%. I now have a third Microsoft technician remotely controlling the server trying to figure out why I'm having so many problems. The free evaluation version of Server 2016 ran flawlessly for months so I know it's not a hardware issue. After I was satisfied with the server OS I formatted the drives and reinstalled a clean copy of the commercial version and it's just been one problem after another. I've sat here for six hours while MS continues to bump it up to various tier levels and at this point I've had so many people in my box that I'm ready to format and reinstall everything just to ensure no security holes have been left by so many technicians uninstalling, reinstalling various features.

...but anyway, eventually I'll have a most badass server and the podcast will be a nice addition. I'm excited about it....may even add an "Angry White Guy Hour" for "Alt Righty Whitey" (BePrepared) to host.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Nathan wrote:may even add an "Angry White Guy Hour"

Why play the race card? Content, not identity, is the measure of media.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 am

Hand and Steel wrote:
Nathan wrote:may even add an "Angry White Guy Hour"

Why play the race card? Content, not identity, is the measure of media.

Kind of a private joke between Ben and I, not a racial show. I had told home once that listening to him rant, I had to name him "Alt Righty Whitey, the Angry White Guy" which grew from there. Anymore when you speak of liberty you are dismissed as an "angry white guy" so it's a play on a label given by leftists, not a "white power hour" or anything like that. I am neither racist or blind to what's going on around me, it's just not the focus of this project.
Nathan in Image

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:09 am

I installed and ran the free evaluation version for months and it ran flawlessly so I was excited to format and install the commercial retail version. The software or hardware must have glitched during the first install of the retail version. I installed with the exact same configs both times. After format and reinstall again, everything went through that first try, automated. That's how Windows is supposed to work. Next time I won't bother contacting MS. I spent all day screwing around with Microsoft watching them try to remotely configure my server. I had it all finished within an hour of giving up on fixing that install by simply reformatting and reinstalling.
Nathan in Image

Return to “News@ConcealedCarryForum.com”