Carjacker killed by armed victim at gas station

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Ohio9

Carjacker killed by armed victim at gas station

Postby Ohio9 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:21 pm

yankeejib

Re: Carjacker killed by armed victim at gas station

Postby yankeejib » Thu May 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Warning: scumbag eats lead and expires. oh heck.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Well the bad guy certainly picked the right wardrobe for the occasion. Good idea to wear a red sweater.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri May 12, 2017 7:24 am

Good utilization of cover, but he seemed too worried about not shooting his own car. If in the same position, shoot him through the window. Now I've seen the video where the off duty cop approaches a motorcyclist with gun in hand and no identification. That one could have ended much different.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:30 am

Nathan wrote: Now I've seen the video where the off duty cop approaches a motorcyclist with gun in hand and no identification. That one could have ended much different.

Do you have a link for this video?

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri May 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Do you have a link for this video?

If the rider had been armed and trained he may not have gotten the chance to identify himself.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm

And then there's this one. While the truck was marked, WTF is with drawing for no apparent reason?
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Wow those are some crazy incidents. Can't believe the cops were plain clothed and didn't identify themselves before drawing.

Anyway, in the case I showed, you'll notice the victim didn't shoot right away. He waited till the offender was at his car and it looked like they exchanged some words first. I think that was the point where the carjacker made the "stand and deliver" line and the victim realized who he was dealing with.

By the way, if you look closely at the video, you can see there is someone in the passenger seat of the victim's car. That explains why he didn't shoot through his own window as you recommended. Couldn't do that with a passenger in the way.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Fri May 12, 2017 6:01 pm

The gas station incident is probably one of our big concerns, whether a robbery or car jacking.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri May 12, 2017 6:57 pm

My neighbor is one of those a/holes. His Kawasaki ZX-1000 has a switch activated magnetic flip up license plate so you can conceal your numbers and flee, but these people have no scruples so it's been ripped off his bike twice now. He's gotten tagged for reckless driving and speeding three times in three years. I seem to have an unhealthy anticipation of his high speed demise.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri May 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Ohio9 wrote:Can't believe the cops were plain clothed and didn't identify themselves before drawing.

Me either; in a gun friendly state he would be shot dead and I can fully understand why. If you cut me off in traffic and jump out of your car in plain clothes with a gun in your hand I see you as nothing more than a deadly threat.

if you look closely at the video, you can see there is someone in the passenger seat of the victim's car. That explains why he didn't shoot through his own window as you recommended. Couldn't do that with a passenger in the way.

It certainly makes it more challenging, but still not as dangerous as a lunatic standing at your door with a gun. I'm glad this one turned out well.
Nathan in Image

Return to “Defensive Incidents”