GOOD DA trigger!

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

GOOD DA trigger!

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 am

For the first time in my life I have found a truly good DAO trigger. I got to try out a new Kimber K6 and to my surprise, I found the trigger to be quite good. I'm the biggest trigger snob you'll ever meet, so it takes a lot for a trigger to impress me. Buying the ranch put a Hell of a dent in my retirement savings so I'm going to recover from that before I make anymore gun purchases, but this is definitely my next gun. My only concern is that it feels a little bit too big for pocket carry, but I won't know for sure until I buy one.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Hand and Steel

Re: GOOD DA trigger!

Postby Hand and Steel » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 am

I've been eyeing those, too. Assuming the quality of the components is good enough to hold up to serious use, it appears Kimber has made the ideal compact revolver.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Hand and Steel wrote:I've been eyeing those, too.

Do you think it's too big to pocket carry? I really want one; I'm trying to resist and honor the agreement I made to myself to recover financially before buying anymore guns but that little Kimber really won me over and has my attention. I didn't think any snubbie could replace my J-Frame until now.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

11bravo

Postby 11bravo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Nathan wrote:Image

Buying the ranch put a Hell of a dent in my retirement savings so I'm going to recover from that before I make anymore gun purchases, .

Bullshit, You will have one by the end of the week. You can't lie to us fucker.

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 am

11bravo wrote:
Nathan wrote:Image

Buying the ranch put a Hell of a dent in my retirement savings so I'm going to recover from that before I make anymore gun purchases, .

Bullshit, You will have one by the end of the week. You can't lie to us fucker.

Just think of it as an investment Nathan. :lol: The look is a little modern, but not bad, and if it's better than a Smith I would like one too.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Nathan wrote:Do you think it's too big to pocket carry?

I think that in a Wrangler cowboy cut jeans pocket (like you, that's what I wear most days), with a pocket holster, it would qualify for a "yes" for me. Can't say whether it would work for you or not, but I suspect that it would be slightly too large for pocket carry if you are adding in another layer in the form of a pocket holster. Personally I haven't used pocket carry for anything other than a PPK years ago, and even that was a bit large for me.

Either way, even if you decided it didn't work for you, I'm sure that someone in your family would take a liking to it, so it would hardly be a bad purchase.
"Our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives."

mattinglyt

Postby mattinglyt » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:55 pm

If you do get one of these, I want to see a full work up on the quality and performance. I swore off kimber a long time ago because of shitty performance. Overall the gun looked good, but wouldn't function worth a shit, even after a couple trips to kimber for repair.

I swear by my SW 340PD, that little 357 will forever hold a place in my heart.

As far as your skinny jeans and pocket carry, that lies entirely on your comfort. I pocket carry and OWB carry my j-frame w/o any issues ever.
Ted
Dysfunctional Veteran
US Army 63B20 H8

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

mattinglyt wrote:I swore off kimber a long time ago because of shitty performance.

You and me both. I've purchased three Kimber 1911s and all three were sent back to Kimber for repairs and even still never functioned properly (at least, two of them...on the third I got my money back from the dealer and don't know whatever came of it). I documented all this on the old forum that I'll eventually have back online in an archive once I move back to my local server.
Still, this revolver certainly has my attention; it felt great. I'll see how it reviews over time since I'm not purchasing until my savings are back in my comfort zone.
Nathan in Image

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 am

Hand and Steel wrote:I think that in a Wrangler cowboy cut jeans pocket (like you, that's what I wear most days), with a pocket holster, it would qualify for a "yes" for me.

More often than not I'm wearing the new Wrangler 47s that have larger pockets. I can't really manage even a J-Frame in the nut-huggers, but the 47s seem to facilitate better.
Nathan in Image

Return to “Carry Guns”