Glock 44

Discussions about handguns not suitable for carry.
11bravo

Glock 44

Post by 11bravo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Ever since Nate convinced me to pick up a Glock 23 10 or 12 years ago I’ve been a Glock fanboy. I’ve wanted a Glock in 22lr for cheaper training in the same platform that I carry 90% of the time and now it’s here.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g44

Glock always seems to be late to the party compared to it’s competition, with S&W having the M&P in 22lr for several years now. Glock didn’t release a single stack 9 until years after the major players had them out like the Xds, shield and so on. Better late than never I guess.

I haven’t felt the need to buy another handgun until now. Now shut up and take my money.

Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Glock 44

Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 am

I also plan to pick up a G44; I think it will be great to train with it and also incredibly fun to shoot. Glock usually is behind everybody in terms of new releases, but when they do release, they've perfected the design. Check Bud's before you order, they seem to have the best pricing.
Nathan in Image

11bravo

Post by 11bravo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 am

Nathan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 am
I also plan to pick up a G44; I think it will be great to train with it and also incredibly fun to shoot. Glock usually is behind everybody in terms of new releases, but when they do release, they've perfected the design. Check Bud's before you order, they seem to have the best pricing.
I always go with buds. They normally get new stuff in long before anyone locally will and they offer a hell of a military/veteran discount.

I won’t pick one up right away. Right now my life is to insane to find the time to shoot. I also like to let others find out if there any issues with a new release before I grab one, but I will be grabbing one within the year.

yankeejib

Post by yankeejib » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 pm

11bravo wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 am
Nathan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 am
I always go with buds. They normally get new stuff in long before anyone locally will and they offer a hell of a military/veteran discount.

I won’t pick one up right away. Right now my life is to insane to find the time to shoot. I also like to let others find out if there any issues with a new release before I grab one, but I will be grabbing one within the year.
Glockguy is already cutting up a 100 round 9mm mag to make room for a 120 round .22lr mag. I'm in! 5.7x22 lol
Sincerely,

Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent
Doing what others find impossible is genius.
Why be difficult when with a little more effort, you can be impossible.

11bravo

Post by 11bravo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:28 pm

Well I picked one up and must say I love it. It’s my favorite gun to shoot at the moment. It’s stupid accurate, it makes me look like I’m a good shot with a pistol. It is a little picky about ammo, but I have a good supply of federal gold medal HV from my rifle shooting and it runs it very well, the cheaper stuff not so much.