Legal ghost guns

Defensive carry handguns.
Nathan
Site Admin

Legal ghost guns

Postby Nathan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 pm

Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Re: Legal ghost guns

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 am

This price is nearly 200 dollars above market value. What makes them worth it?

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 am

Ohio9 wrote:What makes them worth it?

The fact that there is no serial number, no registration anywhere. The desire to own a completely unregistered gun is no indication of character or intent. The leftist media and anti-gun campaign has successfully conditioned us to believe that an unregistered gun is just for criminals but our Founders sure seemed to prefer them.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:What makes them worth it?

The fact that there is no serial number, no registration anywhere. The desire to own a completely unregistered gun is no indication of character or intent. The leftist media and anti-gun campaign has successfully conditioned us to believe that an unregistered gun is just for criminals but our Founders sure seemed to prefer them.

Fair enough, but I'm still not convinced they are a good thing. Suppose a gun gets stolen. Don't you want serial numbers so you can report them to the police? That ensures you establish ownership of the property and you can get your gun back if it's ever recovered? As a police officer, I once took a gun off someone that had been reported stolen more then 20 years ago. The serial number was the only thing enabled my department to find the find the original report and track down the owner so we could return his property,

This is why as a general rule I want my expensive property to have some sort of registration number, whether it's a gun, a car, or a computer.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Ohio9 wrote:I'm still not convinced they are a good thing.

What would make them a "bad" thing? I mean seriously, we're talking about an amount that's relatively insignificant even it if got stolen. It's more than I want to lose certainly, but not enough to prevent me from buying one just in case one day it gets stolen. The benefits certainly outweigh any concerns of theft.
Nathan in Image

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:I'm still not convinced they are a good thing.

What would make them a "bad" thing? I mean seriously, we're talking about an amount that's relatively insignificant even it if got stolen. It's more than I want to lose certainly, but not enough to prevent me from buying one just in case one day it gets stolen. The benefits certainly outweigh any concerns of theft.

And if you feel that way, fine. I'm just saying why I don't intend to get one. You gotta understand 700 dollars is a significant amount of money for some of us. And it's not just wanting to get the gun back if it's stolen. I also want the police to be able to trace it if it's used in a crime. If it's stolen I want the police to have the tools to get it back as efficiently as possible, and hold the criminal accountable if he commits any further harm with it.

What are the benefits of it?

Hand and Steel

Postby Hand and Steel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Ohio9 wrote:What are the benefits of it?

Home brewing is like buying from a private individual. There's no government paper trail as through an FFL. Point's kind of moot though, since most of them are bought online and there would be a credit card transaction record or similar, which would probably be seized if things got more draconian, and I strongly suspect that someone somewhere with a little plastic ID card is already covertly surveilling and recording all online purchases of ghost gun 80% receivers and making a list of who is buying them. So the ghost gun is at best providing the illusion of security.
"It is demonstrable that power structures tend to attract people who want power for the sake of power and that a significant proportion of such people are imbalanced — in a word, insane.” – Frank Herbert

"Welcome to Costco. I love you."

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am

You'll get a better deal on a face-to-face sale off "INSERT YOUR STATE HERE GunTrader.Com". No paperwork. I always take a friend just in case to keep things on the level in the Walmart parking lot. Our police encourage sales in their parking lot as well. Who's gonna try to rip you off in the PD parking lot?
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

hkguy

Postby hkguy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:16 pm

these are definately a buyer beware. yes is "untraceable" but the companies producing these DIY lowers are using inferior metals. Several reports have surfaced in the training groups i am in of them catastrophically failing due to inferiors metals.

neat concept, its a shame that they cant make them to use drop in glock parts or just spend a few bucks on better metal inserts
NRA Member and Certified NRA RSO
IDPA & USPSA Member
Michigan Gun Owner Member

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:16 pm

yankeejib wrote:I always take a friend just in case to keep things on the level in the Walmart parking lot.

Nathan in Image

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 pm

That's some funny shit.
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

LWP

Postby LWP » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm

yankeejib wrote:You'll get a better deal on a face-to-face sale off "INSERT YOUR STATE HERE GunTrader.Com". No paperwork. I always take a friend just in case to keep things on the level in the Walmart parking lot. Our police encourage sales in their parking lot as well. Who's gonna try to rip you off in the PD parking lot?

I used to buy weaponry face to face with local "guntrader.com" advertisers at various parking lots in and around Denver. Some of my best acquisitions. Never felt in danger, always was armed. But then the state passed a law requiring an NICS and FFL exchange for all private gun transfers. Liberty denied!

Stoble

Postby Stoble » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 pm

I wonder why guntrader.com or NCguntrader.com don't work. Seems their site domain is up for purchase.

yankeejib

Postby yankeejib » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Stoble wrote:I wonder why guntrader.com or NCguntrader.com don't work. Seems their site domain is up for purchase.

I dunno. In the meantime:

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/north-carolina
http://www.gunlistings.org/north_caroli ... lassifieds
https://www.gunauction.com/shop/guns/north-carolina
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Return to “Carry Guns”