Forum Update

Site news and information.
Nathan
Site Admin

Forum Update

Post by Nathan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Since suffering hardware failure, I am rebuilding the forum on our own in house server. Please continue to check back for updates.
Nathan in Montana

LWP

Re: Forum Update

Post by LWP » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Works for me, but my needs are minimal. I had to re-register, and everyone starts over at zero posts?
Nathan, thank you for all your time, headache, and expense in maintaining this website.

Edit: I can't find a place to enter my location under my name and avatar. I like to see where members live because often they post location-specific information which is useless without their location.

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm

LWP wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:22 pm
Works for me, but my needs are minimal. I had to re-register, and everyone starts over at zero posts?
Nathan, thank you for all your time, headache, and expense in maintaining this website.
You're welcome, and thank you for what you bring to the forum! All content at this point is considered lost, at least until we determine if litigation is appropriate. Former web host trying to charge me $3,900 for violating their Acceptable Use Policy because I gave them a negative review on Yelp. Literally. More details will follow after we determine if litigation is appropriate.
Edit: I can't find a place to enter my location under my name and avatar. I like to see where members live because often they post location-specific information which is useless without their location.
Its in your profile settings. Just click your name in the upper right corner and go to your profile to edit.
Nathan in Montana

LWP

Post by LWP » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Thanks for your help, but maybe you have a format problem. My profile page has only 4 choices for edits, and "Edit profile" is not among them. I have the last 4 choices you show in your screen grab. I think I had it before because I had my location showing, but now it is gone.

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Thanks for helping me work the bugs out; it's gonna take some time. Try again and see if it works for you please?
Nathan in Montana

LWP

Post by LWP » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm

Nope, still missing.

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 pm

OK I'm really sorry for the issues. I'm going to create a standard account for myself so I can see what you see and I will follow up and get this figured out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Nathan in Montana

yankeejib

Post by yankeejib » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am

LWP wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm
Nope, still missing.
Same here! Those fields are missing from my "edit profile". Thanks for all you do! At least I have the proper avatar....
Sincerely,

Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent
Doing what others find impossible is genius.
Why be difficult when with a little more effort, you can be impossible.