Off body carry can be tricky

Optional carry methods.
yankeejib

Re: Off body carry can be tricky

Postby yankeejib » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I think many here agree that off-body carry is not ideal, but sometimes it is necessary (like for a third gun...LOL).
The Wilderness Safepacker is an awesome accessory. It holds your piece, an extra mag, has a velcro'd strap so you can attach it to your belt, your car seat belt, or I use it on my backpack in the back country. Many times when I could open carry if I wanted to, the Safepacker provides the perfect compromise without freaking any sheep out. I did take a razor blade and remove the stitched-on label. I also used to hang a dead set of earbuds on it for decoy, but now, I don't really care much anymore if someone "makes" me. I also have my 9mm briefcase: KT Sub2000 chambered in Glock, G26, three 33 round mags, and two 15 round mags in a handy to-go container....

Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Doing what others find difficult is talent.
Doing what others find impossible is genius,
Why be difficult when, with a little more effort, you can be entirely impossible.

Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Nathan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 pm

I've a Galco Hidden Agenda that's pretty nice, but I never utilize it for the same reason.
Nathan in Image

NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside the Home and Personal Protection Outside the Home.

CharlieW

Postby CharlieW » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:28 pm

The only time I regularly practice off-body carry is with my "truck gun". Depending on the vehicle when I am traveling, I often keep a pistol in the console. I haven't had (or taken) the "opportunity" to travel into a carry restricted state where my reciprocity is not recognized.
Pragmatism -- the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

riadat

Postby riadat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Is this anything like a 12 gauge in the trunk? That is my off body carry.

1813Anschutz

Postby 1813Anschutz » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:01 am

For that mode I often use the Dillon Day Planner B...looks just like a day planner and NO ONE pays any attention. Might work for you as well.
Randy
"The more I shoot the luckier I seem to Get"

NRA Certified Instructor-Rifle, Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home, NRA CRO. competitor in SASS, IDPA, USPSA, NRA Smallbore rifle 3/4 p. NRA High Power Rifle Service Rifle, NRA Air Rifle

samuelrp

Postby samuelrp » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:53 pm

I too use the Dillon Plan B, but you must hold on to it with your life. I think it is best suited for vehicle carry on the seat beside you.
Maintain the sport. Take a kid shooting.

1813Anschutz

Postby 1813Anschutz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:45 am

I have carried mine in just about every conceivable situation and what I really like is that it draws absolutely NO attention from anyone...you are correct in that it is a great in the car solution, but it works in so many situations so very well!

Randy
"The more I shoot the luckier I seem to Get"

NRA Certified Instructor-Rifle, Pistol, Personal Protection Inside the Home, NRA CRO. competitor in SASS, IDPA, USPSA, NRA Smallbore rifle 3/4 p. NRA High Power Rifle Service Rifle, NRA Air Rifle

MisterB

Postby MisterB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:02 am

1813Anschutz wrote:I have carried mine in just about every conceivable situation and what I really like is that it draws absolutely NO attention from anyone...you are correct in that it is a great in the car solution, but it works in so many situations so very well!

Randy

I suppose it could get attention from folks wondering when the last time was they saw someone actually carrying a day planner lol

RagTop454

Postby RagTop454 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Like Charlie W my only off body carry is either in the truck console or between the console and seat in the car.

Glenn

Pickwick

Postby Pickwick » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am

I carry in the console of my pickup or on the seat by me when traveling. I cycle alone up in the Nat'l Forest and on a lot of fire roads, old country roads, and access roads, so I carry either a Ruger SP101 .357 or a Springfield micro-compact 1911 with extra mags in a Maxpedition belt pouch. No problems, but I have seen bear scat and tracks a couple of times.

BULLDOG

Postby BULLDOG » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 pm

I love my Safepacker with my Shoulder Strap.? it's real comfortable.? & easy to draw from.? If need be.?

Ohio9

Postby Ohio9 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:19 pm

I really don't like leaving guns in my vehicle. They are way more vulnerable to theft there then they are in your house. I've never had my house broken into, but I've had my car broken into multiple times.

Return to “Off Body Carry”