Colt Python is back!

Nathan
Site Admin

Colt Python is back!

Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:47 am

https://colt.com/series/python_series

I plan to get at least two; one to shoot and one to preserve.
Nathan in Image

HKguy

Re: Colt Python is back!

Post by HKguy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:46 am

while this is exciting news, the real question is will it be built to the standards it originally was? or is colt trying to capitalize on the Pythons surge in popularity the past 5 years?

Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Nathan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:47 pm

I don't know if anybody can build guns like they used to, but I'm optimistic that they didn't screw this one up.

Nathan in Image

Stoble

Post by Stoble » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Unfortunately, there are significant problems. Colt is trying to address them. Some crowns are buggered up like the machining was very dull. I don't see how Colt could pay someone to do quality control inspections and release a crown like that as shown on YouTube. A blind person would feel those errors every time! Then there are light strikes so Colt will increase the main springs strength to end that and hopefully not ruin the trigger pull. Then there is the statement from Colt that the side covers "may have not been torqued down". This was causing some cylinders to fail to move when the trigger was pulled. Sounds like another problem. So it looks like Colt needs to hire a person to tighten these screws down? I wonder what Colt would pay me to do that? They also plan to use some thread lock. This is a shame for Colt's Python legacy! These guns are not cheap but they rushed them out too quick and failed to do quality control. I am not impressed with the product so far. Sad to see and hear these reports. Thus, is there any question why Colt has had money problems for years?