McDonald's shootout in Birmingham

Incidents of shooting in defense of self or others.
Ohio9

McDonald's shootout in Birmingham

Postby Ohio9 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:50 pm

This could have been another mass shooting. Instead it will just be a small story of defensive gun use that will get minimal media coverage since no one died other then the potential killer.

http://time.com/5438361/customer-shooti ... mcdonalds/

I am somewhat interested in learning what the killer's motivation was. It doesn't look like he was going to rob the place, since he started shooting as soon as he came in. And if he just wanted to kill people, wouldn't he pick a more "target rich" environment then a McDonald's that was about to close for the night? Not that many people were inside.

It just goes to show the importance in always being prepared for a gunfight, even in unlikely places.

yankeejib

Re: McDonald's shootout in Birmingham

Postby yankeejib » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Ohio9 wrote:
It just goes to show the importance in always being prepared for a gunfight, even in unlikely places.

Like a synagogue?
Sincerely,
Professor Stu Padasol

Ohio9

Re: McDonald's shootout in Birmingham

Postby Ohio9 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 am

yankeejib wrote:
Ohio9 wrote:

Like a synagogue?

Yep, my thoughts as well. I was really surprised to find out that any house of faith for any religious denomination in a major city like Pittsburgh doesn't have any type of armed security. After the disasters in the churches in South Carolina and Texas, how many more wake-up calls do they need?

Return to “Defensive Incidents”